Empower p 54. Mind and Memory. Key Word Transformations

1. Lewis was in no mood for tolerating any misbehaviour.
MIND
Lewis was __________________________________ with any misbehaviour.
2. If you knuckled down, you could succeed.
MIND
Were ________________________________________ successful.
3.  She vaguely remembered her parents being in jail.
MEMORY
She ____________________________________________ time. 
4.  I forgot because of the tragedy that followed.
MIND
It _________________________________________ to the tragedy that followed.
5. Looking at the snaps of the holidays, which I enjoyed, reminded me of the sheer bliss I experienced when I kicked back by the pool.
TRIGGERED
Looking at the enjoyable _____________________________________  down by the pool.
 

KEY


1. Lewis was not in the right frame of mind to put up with any misbehaviour. 




2.Were you to put your mind to it, you could be successful.




3. She had a vague memory of her parents serving/doing time. 




4. It slipped my mind due to the tragedy that followed.




5. Looking at the enjoyable holiday snaps triggered the memory of the sheer bliss I experienced when I wound down by the pool. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.