Empower p 53. Profile article



Write a profile article for the school magazine about a person who has been interviewed on Desert Island Discs on the BBC website.

Use this profile article as a model and remember to include a few direct quotes from the interview you have chosen.

Read these tips on how to write a profile article.

Some useful language:

Immediately:

No sooner had I started playing than I knew it was the right instrument for me

The instant I heard her music I knew she was an exceptional talent.

The moment I saw her paintings,  I immediately knew she would be a famous artist.

A short time later:

She started university two years ago and before long she was giving public performances.

Her trip to Europe was closely followed by a tour around Asia and subsequently to Africa.

Shortly after she started university, she began to perform at local events.

A long time later:

 It wasn't until this year that she released her first album.

It was only years later that she decided to take up horse riding again.

In time, she started playing a greater variety of instruments.

Not until many years later did she become famous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.