On Screen C1 p 10

 

Do Ex 1  + watch video

waggish
: funny, clever and not serious. Sp. gracioso, ocurrente, E.g. waggish remarks. A waggish person.)

prank: a trick, especially one which is played on someone to make them look silly. Sp. broma. 

E.g. 

a childish prank.

He pulled a prank on his mum.

John is always pulling pranks.

I can't believe his mum fell for that prank!

caper: behaviour or an activity that is amusing or silly and not serious Sp. travesura. E.g. the comic capers of a cartoon cat and mouse.

practical joke: a trick that is played on somebody to make them look stupid and to make other people laugh. E.g. play practical jokes on sb: The rubber snake in the fridge scared me so badly that it took me a few minutes to realize it was just my brother playing a practical joke on me.

Do Ex 2

Do Ex 3

Do Ex 4

Do Ex 5  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.