Empower p 25. A parachute jump Extra MC Cloze


1 For questions 1–9, read the sentences below and decide which answer (A, B, C or D) best fits each gap.

I’m not sure if the weather (1) _____ any good next Friday but let’s hope so. It’s been quite off and (2) _____ this week; showers one minute, sunshine the next. As long as it’s not windy, we’ll be fine. I know you’ve never done a parachute jump before but I guarantee you’ll get a real (3) _____ from it. Admittedly, the first time I had butterflies in my stomach the moment the plane left the (4) _____ and when it came to the actual jump, I found myself (5) _____ to the spot before someone kindly helped me out of the plane. As soon as I got over my initial fear, I realised how much I loved the experience and how silly it was to get into a (6) _____ about jumping out of the plane. After all, doing a tandem jump is really straightforward. Once they’ve given us the special (7) _____ to put on they’ll go through the drill with us before (8) _____ us up in the plane. When it comes to the jump, you’ll be strapped to an experienced instructor who has done this hundreds of times and is just as concerned about a safe landing as you might be. Honestly, (9) _____ this jump is going to be the most thrilling thing you’ve done all year!

1 A is to be      B is                  C will be         D is being
2 A out            B over                         C in                 D on
3 A hum          B buzz                        C bang                        D fizz
4 A path          B tarmac          C ramp            D passageway
5 A stayed       B fasten           C rooted          D clung
6 A flap           B fuss              C flutter          D jitter
7 A costumes B outfits          C wear                        D covering
8 A to take      B take              C taking          D took
9 A when you do B if you do             C to do            D doing

                          

KEY

1
1 C



 2 D 



3 B 



4 B 



5 C 



6 A 



7 B 



8 C 



9 D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.