Open World p 15. Personality. Extra Exercise1


Complete the sentences below using the adjectives in the box.

respectful – compassionate – fair – modest – tolerant – grateful- persevering – assertive

1.   I am deeply __________ for all the help and support she has provided me with.
2.   Although he is a successful businessman and an accomplished author, he is very __________ about his achievements.
3.   Although the situation looked hopeless, her burning desire to succeed and her __________ nature would not let her give up.
4.   My experience taught me the importance of being and standing up for my beliefs.
5.   Parents should teach children manners and to be __________ towards their elders from a young age.
6.   Travelling broadens your mind and helps you become more __________ and able to accept different points of view.
7.   This experience taught me the importance of being __________ and helping those who are less fortunate than myself.
8.   Being __________ involves listening to both sides of the story before blaming someone for something.

KEY

1.    I am deeply ___grateful_____ for all the help and support she has provided me with.



2.    Although he is a successful businessman and an accomplished author, he is very __modest________ about his achievements.



3.    Although the situation looked hopeless, her burning desire to succeed and her ___persevering____ nature would not let her give up.



4.    My experience taught me the importance of being __assertive_______ and standing up for my beliefs.



5.    Parents should teach children manners and to be _respectful_________ towards their elders from a young age.



6.    Travelling broadens your mind and helps you become more ___tolerant_______ and able to accept different points of view.



7.    This experience taught me the importance of being ____compassionate______ and helping those who are less fortunate than myself.



8.    Being __fair________ involves listening to both sides of the story before blaming someone for something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.