Outcomes Advanced p 81. DECIDING ON MY FUTURE. Extra Cloze



When I left school, I really had no idea of what I wanted to do next and found myself with a lot of (1) __________ on my hands. I knew I wanted to do something useful that would enable me to help others, but had been warned by my father not to make any snap (2) __________ or decisions. He advised me to think long and hard, try a few jobs and talk to people in different areas as well as seek careers advice. The first job I got was working in a hospital as an orderly but after only a matter of months I felt (3) __________ in a rut and wanted out. It was, I realised, unsatisfying and really just a (4) __________ to an end. That simply wouldn’t do. However, when working at the hospital I did gain an insight into other work that people did there and, after attending an open day at the local nursing college, I realised that I had (5) __________ my choices down at last. Several years have passed and I’m now, I believe, the happiest staff nurse you’ll ever find. I love the personal interaction this job gives me and just thrive (6) __________ the atmosphere of a busy hospital. I’m so glad I listened to my dad!

KEY


1 time 



2 judgements 



3 stuck 



4 means 



5 narrowed 



6 on
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.