Open World p 83. Narratives. Key Word Transformations

1. As soon as I turned 17 my dad bought me an old van to repair
HAD
No __________________________________________________ up.
2. Shortly after I had treated the rust and painted the bodywork.
BEEN
Before _____________________________________________ painted.
3. It wasn't until I got home that I realised that someone had stolen my wallet.
GOT
Not _______________________________________________ stolen.
4. In 1982 he was arrested and subsequently convicted on drug trafficking charges.
CLOSELY
His ________________________________________________ on drug trafficking charges. 
5. Eventually he will become accustomed to working with us.
USED
In _________________________________________________ with us.
 
KEY
1. No sooner had I turned 17 than my dad bought me an old van to fix up.




2. Before long the rust had been treated and the bodywork painted.




3. Not until I got home did I realise that I had got my wallet stolen.




4. His arrest in 1982 was closely followed by his conviction on drug trafficking charges. 




5. In time, he will get used to working with us
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.